I’ve had this idea for a while now: to do something creative with all those coffee cup sleeves I keep collecting from my take-away coffees. It didn’t take me too much time to make nor did it cost me a lot of money and well, it’s an eco-friendly fashion accessory if you think about it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Two coffee cup sleeves (basically the protective cardboard holder that comes around your take-away coffee), Krafty Glue (Camlin), gold glitter (or any other colour that you prefer), a mixing bowl, a thick paint brush and some varnish (if desired).
HOW TO MAKE YOUR GLITTER CUFF:
1. Intertwine the two paper cuffs by stacking them one over the other in such a way that the inner flaps of each holder overlap each other.
2. Mix two parts glue and one part glitter in a mixing bowl. The mixture needs to be thick and paste-y.
3. Apply a layer of the glitter-glue mixture with your paint brush all around and over the paper cuff. Since the mixture is thick, one layer is all it takes.
4. To be on the safe side and to make sure the glue dries properly, allow the cuff to dry for at least 12 hours.
5. Once it’s completely dry, you can add a layer of varnish to gloss it up.
And there you go; here’s a D.I.Y project sure to help sparkle up a dull Sunday!
P.S The paper cuff is a delicate creature and needs to be treated with care. Do not wear it on rainy days. Keep it handy for an easy, breezy, summery day.